At Brecher we do things differently. As a boutique law firm we pride ourselves on our client knowledge and bespoke solutions.
We invest time in our clients. We help them to understand their requirements within a complex and rapidly evolving legal framework. Our focus is you, and in demonstrating real business value as the outcome to data protection and privacy and compliance.
Our data protection team is supported by specialists from the firm’s corporate and commercial, tax, and dispute resolution teams. Our up to date knowledge, in depth understanding of the sectors we advise, and our passion for data protection and privacy allows us to compete at the highest level. Whatever the issue, the team always takes a practical cost effective approach turning complex problems into understandable solutions. We guide our clients to turn their data from a risk to an asset, and to enable them to turn their approach to data governance into a competitive advantage.
We advise on:
- Data protection audits, health checks, and risk assessments
- Data governance and compliance programmes (including policies and procedures, privacy notices, and training)
- Cross border and domestic data transfers, including localisation laws, use of model clauses, binding corporate rules, and advising on the risks faced by businesses transferring personal data to the US in the wake of the CJEU’s annulment of Safe Harbor
- Direct marketing and email marketing
- Data security issues including preparation for and dealing with data security breaches and cyber risks
- Legal issues surrounding data sharing and data export
- Procedures and check lists regarding data subject access requests and other third party requests for access to personal data
- Response to data protection complaints, appeals, and regulatory action by the Information Commissioner, and wider litigation
- Data protection issues on commercial contracts and in relation to M&A issues
- Cyber liability insurance and claims
- Defamation and reputation management