Brecher LLP (“Brecher” or “we”) is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with number OC372975. It is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and is subject to the Solicitors’ Code of Conduct which can be accessed at www.sra.org.uk/code-of-conduct page.
Brecher is responsible for the www.brecher.co.uk website (“the Website”). Brecher is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security.
The data controller is Brecher.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Collection and use of your personal data
Your personal data may be collected by Brecher through our Website, marketing feedback forms and meetings with and emails and telephone calls with us. Personal data may also be provided about you by third parties.
Your personal data may be processed by (or on behalf of) Brecher for any of the following purposes:
- providing legal advice to you;
- communicating with you by telephone, text, email and/or post (in accordance with your opt-in preferences) about Brecher’s activities, and events;
- communicating with you by telephone, text, email and/or post (in accordance with your opt-in preferences) about the activities, and events of carefully selected organisations that are linked to Brecher;
- in relation to events run jointly with a third party – as set out in paragraph 6;
- conducting analytical studies of the activities of our clients, contacts and other visitors to the Website; and monitoring responses to our email campaigns (e.g. invitations to events and legal updates) as set out in paragraph 8;
- providing aggregate statistics about our clients, contacts and other visitors to the Website, traffic patterns and related site information to third parties, but these statistics will not normally contain any information about you from which you could be identified;
- if you have given your consent only, we may provide a copy of the personal data that we hold about you to third parties; and
- as otherwise outlined at the time of collection of your personal data in accordance with the preferences that you express.
If you apply for a job, internship and/or work placement online you may need to provide all and/or any of the following: information about your education, employment, racial background and state of health. Your application will constitute your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out the monitoring activities required of us as an equal opportunities employer.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirement.
Changing your preferences
We want to make sure that you are happy with the ways in which we hold and use your personal data. If at any time you wish to check, update or amend your personal data or preferences, please contact email us at email@example.com. Please see paragraph 8 for details of how to disable cookies in use on the Website.
Security measures and possibility of international transfer
Brecher is registered in accordance with and seeks to comply with the Act. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal data to comply with the same. However, the Internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Brecher shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility law.
Please note that we may sometimes transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA. If we intend to do this, then, where practical and appropriate, before doing so we will put contractual arrangements in place to ensure the adequate protection of your data and we shall endeavour to ensure that any such contractual arrangements comply with the standards required by the Information Commissioner.
Who else will we provide your data to?
We will not pass on your personal details to any third party unless (i) we have your consent or (ii) as set out below:
- in relation to each of the uses set out in paragraph 2, your personal data may be shared with our partners, employees and/or third party organisations that we appoint to assist Brecher. We shall endeavour to ensure that any such recipients of your personal data use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data – see paragraph 5 above;
- in relation to any events that we run jointly with a third party – see paragraph 7;
- in relation to any acquisition by Brecher or if Brecher is acquired by or merged with, another company, we may transfer your personal data to purchasers or subsidiaries (and potential purchasers or subsidiaries. This will enable you, for example, to continue your relationship with Brecher despite a change of ownership;
- in relation to content posted by you as set out in paragraph 9; and
- in circumstances in which we are required or authorised by law, court order, regulatory or governmental authorities to disclose your personal data.
The use of ‘Cookies’
Links and Third Party Advertising
Access to your personal data
You may be entitled to ask us for details of the personal data that we hold about you, the purposes for which it is being or will be processed, and the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it is being or will be disclosed. If you would like to request this data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may charge a fee for providing this information to you (details of which are available upon request).