The planning team at Brecher has substantial experience in all areas of planning law both contentious and non-contentious.
The team provides provide specialist advice at every stage of the planning process, from pre-application stage to completion of a development. The team can negotiate planning and infrastructure agreements and advise and represent clients at planning appeals and legal proceedings in the Planning Court.
The team regularly advises developers and investors on delivery strategies for large, complex and high profile planning projects throughout the UK. At the other end of the spectrum the team acts for private individuals on high-end, home owner projects. The approach is pro-active, commercial and client-driven, designed to achieve the client’s planning objectives in the most practical and efficient way, working closely with other specialist multi-disciplinary teams within the firm and project team where required.
The team’s core expertise includes:
- Planning application audits
- Strategic planning and regulatory advice
- Urban regeneration
- Negotiation of section 106 agreements and infrastructure agreements
- Implementation strategy
- Appeals, judicial review and statutory challenges
- Development agreements
- Infrastructure projects
- Environmental impact assessments
- Certificates of lawfulness
- Rights of light
- Light obstruction notices
- Heritage issues
- Highway matters including stopping up applications
- Permitted development rights
- Compulsory purchase and compensation
- CIL strategy