The Brecher Planning Team advises clients on a wide range of development opportunities and planning issues and are regularly instructed on complex, high profile and high value schemes across the UK.
Our service is always tailored to and driven by our clients commercial objectives.
We provide clients with comprehensive and targeted planning support at every stage of the planning process from pre–application to post-application, and often work with multidisciplinary client teams including leading counsel. We also and as a matter of course liaise closely with our property colleagues across a range of disciplines.
We have particular expertise in planning and highways agreements, heritage, rights of light, environmental, habitats, local plan, planning appeal, enforcement and judicial review/statutory challenge matters and regularly find ourselves in negotiation with local planning authorities and third parties on these areas. We are also regularly called upon to assist in the negotiation of framework agreements, development management agreements, special purchase agreements and onerous condition schedules.
We are proactive and approachable team players and pride ourselves on developing delivery strategies for every stage of the planning process and insulating development approvals from challenge.
Clients include developers both public and private, local authorities, investors, property companies, financial institutions, high net worth individuals and family offices both UK and international.
We are currently advising:
- The local planning public authority on the delivery of 4,000 new dwellings forming the South East King’s Lynn Strategic Growth Area. The project involves the use of a Framework Section 106 Agreement and related Site Specific Agreements for each development site.
- A developer in bringing forward an urban extension of up to 700 new dwellings near Milton Keynes. Our role involves the provision of strategic planning advice, application review and negotiation of Section 106 Agreements.
- A major PRS operator, on planning delivery issues and documentation arising from its proposed redevelopment of a key site to provide 184 C3 units (private rented sector and affordable) and related items. Consent for the scheme was secured on appeal following an 11 day Secretary of State public inquiry.
- A residential investor on the delivery of an 11 storey residential tower at 2 Lucan Place, London SW1. We negotiated an S.106 agreement and continue to advise on a variety of delivery items including rights of light, over sailing /overhanging licences and infrastructure/utility documentation.
- A family office on the securing of planning permission for the delivery of its high end 30 unit flatted scheme at Bishops Avenue, London N2. Advice extended to and included the negotiation of a Section 106 agreement and a development management agreement.
- A developer on an implementation and stopping up strategy for its major mixed use residential led scheme at Cleveland Street, London W1.
- A major logistics investor on the delivery of a 500000 sq. ft logistics facility adjacent to junction 11 of the M1 which previously formed part of the Luton Vauxhall Motors site. The site was partly in green belt and we advised on a range of infrastructure agreements (S.106, S278,) and CPO matters.
- An aparthotel operator on planning delivery issues on various sites including the provision of right of light advice and the negotiation of numerous right of light deeds of release.
- A property investor on right of light issues in respect of an adjacent aparthotel scheme.
Brecher Planning Team members have experience of major urban extensions and new settlements including:
- Acting for the landowner and (separately) for the local planning authorities in planning and delivering the new settlement of The Wixams (based on Garden Village principles). The settlement comprises 4,500 new dwellings and associated community infrastructure. The scheme is now being built out and has been further extended.
- Acting for the landowner and adjoining developers on the planning strategy and Framework Section 106 Agreement required to deliver 5,000 new dwellings at the former Filton Airfield to the north of Bristol.
- Acting for a residential developer on the promotion of a new Garden Community of 10,000 new dwellings at land west of Braintree, Essex.
- Acting for a major housebuilder on a Section 106 Agreement required to deliver 500 new dwellings and associated community infrastructure at Copthorne, near Gatwick Airport.
- Acting for a housebuilder on the delivery of a 500 unit scheme at Kingsmead North, Milton Keynes.
- Acting for housebuilders on the delivery of a 1000 unit scheme at Oxley Park, Milton Keynes. The scheme extended to and included the provision of a range of benefits including a new school and required the delivery of a novel and innovative water run off arrangement to protect an SSSI at Oxley Mead.
- Acting for a major landowner on the promotion via the Local Plan of a 450 unit scheme as part of the Milton Keynes Western Expansion Area proposal.
- Acting for a public authority and negotiating three Section 106 Agreements for three sites as part of the regeneration of Elmington Estate in parallel with a Compulsory Purchase Order process.