The real estate funding market has changed beyond all recognition in recent years, with funding no longer readily available from what were seen as “traditional” sources.
Investors are seeking high loan to value lending, and Brecher is working with a new generation of specialist property funders including private equity groups, individual private investors and traditional-style lending organisations as well as the traditional Bank sources. It is now standard practice for the firm to regularly assemble complex, innovative and unusual funding solutions for clients and to assist them with negotiating the often complex loan documents with the lenders.
The skills Brecher has gained advising clients through the years of easy funding have been adapted, so that the firm can guide clients through the minefield of new structures and opportunities that are now the norm in the real estate finance sector.
We advise on the following areas:
- Approaching and dealing with the new generation of specialist property funders
- Negotiating loan documents
- All types of property finance transactions with a particular emphasis on development transactions
- Dealing with primary and mezzanine funding and all related security documentation for lenders and borrowers
- Project managing loans made by UK banks overseas
- A network of trusted lawyers in various jurisdictions who can be called in on cross border transactions where required