The residential team advises on all legal aspects of residential real estate acquisition, development and funding, both in London and the rest of the UK. The team deals with all aspects of residential property transactions, from the purchase of “super-prime” properties to the overseas sales of “off-plan” plots for our developer clients.
It advises developers, funds, investors, lenders, borrowers, landlords, owner occupiers and tenants on most aspects of real estate law in the UK.
As well as advising UK-based clients, the team also regularly acts for offshore individuals and entities for whom they offer a bespoke service. The team takes care to ensure that its clients genuinely understand all the legal and commercial ramifications of buying and owning residential real estate in the UK and can help clients to understand what are often very alien concepts, such as leasehold enfranchisement and right to buy.
Core expertise :
- Initial acquisition and site assembly advice
- The funding of all types of property development transactions and advising clients as to the funders’ requirements
- Development management and project management agreements
- Compulsory purchase and/or planning issues relating to all types of development including commercial, residential and mixed use schemes and negotiation of Section 106 agreements and some ancillary planning agreements
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Sales and purchases for both domestic and international clients
- The specialist area of leasehold enfranchisement and collective enfranchisement
- The sale and purchase of properties “off-plan” for domestic and international buyers
- Mortgages in connection with the purchase of residential property whether for personal use or as an investment
- Buy-to-let transactions
- Bulk plot sales
Brecher is a member of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS).