Central London real estate has become the location of choice for discerning investors from around the world and Brecher with its offices in the heart of Mayfair is both physically and professionally in the centre of this vibrant marketplace. The practice is uniquely positioned to advise on all legal aspects of residential real estate acquisition, development and funding, both in London and the rest of the UK.
Brecher advises developers, funds, investors, lenders, borrowers, landlords, owner occupiers and tenants on most aspects of real estate law in the UK.
As well as advising UK-based clients, Brecher also regularly acts for many offshore individuals and entities for whom they offer a bespoke service. Brecher takes care to ensure that its clients genuinely understand all the legal and commercial ramifications of buying and owning residential real estate in the UK.
Brecher has a dedicated residential team who deal with all aspects of residential property transactions, from the purchase of “super-prime” properties to the overseas sales of “off-plan” plots for our developer clients.
We advise on the following areas:
- Initial acquisition and site assembly
- The funding of all types of property development transactions and advising clients as to the funders’ requirements
- Development management and project management agreements
- Compulsory purchase and/or planning issues relating to all types of development including commercial, residential and mixed use schemes and negotiation of Section 106 agreements and some ancillary planning agreements
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Sales and purchases for both domestic and international clients
- The specialist area of leasehold enfranchisement and collective enfranchisement, mainly in Central London
- The sale and purchase of properties “off-plan” for domestic and international buyers
- Mortgages in connection with the purchase of residential property whether for personal use or as an investment
- Buy-to-let transactions
- Bulk plot sales
Brecher is a member of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS).
A list of our residential conveyancers is available on request.