Our hotel and leisure team is multi-disciplinary and we act for owners, operators, investors, developers, funders and managers. We have extensive experience in the acquisition and disposal of hotels for operators, investors and developers and advise on all aspects of development agreements for the construction of new hotels, (working closely with our finance, planning, tax and construction teams). Additionally, we advise owners and operators on hotel management agreements, occupational leases with retailers and restauranteurs operating within the confines of the hotel, commercial contracts and disputes that can arise. We also act for investors and funders in connection with debt finance.
The team often works alongside other specialists who provide assistance on franchising, branding, licensing and regulatory issues.
We are able to advise on:
- Hotel development, including planning and rights of light
- Property leases and licences
- Management agreements
- Joint ventures
- Construction and procurement
- Commercial contracts
- Debt finance
- Dispute resolution
- Representing a 5 Star hotel in London’s West End together with advice on the management agreement, the renewal of restaurant licence agreements and advice on a newly refurbished bar / the holding of various open-air events.
- Advice on various leases of the retail and restaurant areas of a luxury hotel on Park Lane including the granting of short term licences of restaurants and other occupational management matters (licences to assign, sublet and alter).
- Dealing with general disputes which arise from the daily running and management of large hotels.
- The Coal Exchange (Cardiff)
- The Shankly (Liverpool)