The changing face of the retail and leisure market has been hit by an unprecedented degree of uncertainty, but for many, this offers an opportunity; whether branching out into a first store, expanding their real estate footprint in the retail and leisure sector or restructuring their offering post pandemic, our retail and leisure team has the knowledge and experience to provide straightforward legal and practical advice.
Our experience extends through the retail and leisure sector from high street to luxury brands. Our clients range from some of the largest and most exclusive brands in the luxury sector to entrepreneurial start-ups and licensed leisure operators. We also represent investment landlords and developers, often of mixed-use schemes, with a retail or leisure offering within the development.
Our team advises retail and leisure operators throughout all aspects of the business life-cycle from inception and expansion, through financing and mergers to disposals. We work closely with other teams within the firm to deliver commercially focused advice in areas such as structuring, tax and finance.
- Lease renewal for Elliot Rhodes, in St Christopher’s Place, London.
- Letting of a premises in Bedford Street to Wagamama for the Dukelease / British Land Joint Venture.
- Representing Matchesfashion in the acquisition of lease of flagship retail store in Carlos Place, Mayfair, as well as dealing with general landlord and tenant issues across their retail portfolio.
- Purchase of Waitrose, Horley for overseas clients, on a sale/leaseback basis.
- Thor Equities
- Ashkenazy Acquisition Corporation